I don’t have television at home. But at my father’s place I still enjoy the possibility to select freely from 32 channels of trash. One night, over the easter holidays, I tuned in to a “moon hoax” documentary. At first I thought it was a subtitled re-run of an old documentary, where conspiracy theorists showed pseudo-evidence that the moon landings were faked.
- The moon hoax. One of the weaker ones, it was quickly debunked.
On the other hand, new new compelling evidence has just surfaced.
- If you want a good collection of silly theories: According to whale.to, everything is a hoax: terrorism, the cold war, vaccinations, AIDS, pharmaceutical drugs. Of course they also believe that the world is run by Illuminati with mind control techniques.
- “Alternative” medical theories: Vaccinations do not work because germs don’t cause disease. Instead they claim that diseases come from “toxemia” (excess toxic waste) and, ahem, “spinal misalignment”. (Warning: believing in such theories may kill you).
- Evolution never happened and everything was created by god (or whoever else was around at that time). This theory is especially popular with religious nuts in the US.
- There could be many more entries in this list, but I don’t have the time to dig them all up.